GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATIOn
The National Fitness Professionals Associations Group Fitness or Aerobic Instructor Certifications are designed for individuals who want to teach any form of exercise in a group setting. Aerobic or Group Fitness Instruction is much more inclusive than just hi-low and step classes. Group Fitness classes have become a broad and encompassing field for fitness professionals. The NFPA Group Fitness Certification three day workshop will give you the skills and education you need to begin working in this expanding and ever changing industry.
The NFPA Group Fitness Instructor Certification offers the most up-to-date exercise science, kinesiology, and resistance training techniques as well as class development, teaching skills, and choreography. You will develop the skills in designing and implementing exercise programs for all fitness levels, while learning the communication skills, leadership and motivational instruction needed to be a successful fitness professional.
The NFPA Group Fitness Certification is a comprehensive workshop and exam that will give you the skills and the education you need to be recognized as a competent professional in the fitness industry.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold a current adult CPR card.
- You may sit through the seminar and exam; but, you will not receive any testing results until you provide proof of current CPR/AED information.
- CPR/AED certification must include live skills component.
Option 1: Online Group Fitness Certification Option 2: Live Workshop w/Proctored Exam
3 day Live seminar (Lecture/lab)
- Exercise Science
- Class Development
- Cardiovascular Training
- Special Populations
- Injury Prevention
- Medical Disorders and Emergency Procedures
- Exam Review
- Q&A session with NFPA Master Presenter
- Group Fitness Instructor - written and practical exam
Online Group Fitness Instructor Certification
Course Packet Includes:
- NFPA Group Fitness Instructor Manual
- Exam Study Guide
- Practical Guides and Tips
Online - Available access (September 1, 2017)
- Class Development video
- Online Group Fitness Instructor Examination