NFPA Indoor Cycling Instructor Certification
The NFPA Cycling Instructor Certification course is designed for individuals who have a passion for providing a positive exercise experience in an indoor cycling class. This program utilizes various cycling programs/techniques to create a well- rounded cycle instructor who can instruct a class from beginner to advanced.
Topics include: anatomy and kinesiology, exercise science, bike set-up, safe and effective cycle class design, cycling techniques for endurance, speed and strength, choreography/sample cycle workout, motivation techniques, and much more!
Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
All Learning Materials Included
- Identify and explain proper bike setup, riding alignment, and safety considerations.
- Explain and practice warm up and cool down.
- Distinguish basic indoor cycling class techniques and music.
- Construct and employ different indoor cycle classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced level participants.
- Reading your class to give modifications when needed, pull back when needed and push harder when needed.
- Apply cueing and coaching techniques on the bike.
- Prepare and demonstrate an example of an indoor cycling class.
- Identify various cycle related injuries and describe how to avoid them.
- Knowledge of muscle function as well as exercise science related to indoor cycling.
- Encourage proper hydration as well as nutrition.
- Present appropriate flexibility exercises
Course Topics include:
- Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Exercise physiology
- Cardiovascular training
- Injury prevention & safety issues
- Bike set up and body alignment
- Teaching skills & class development
- Sports Nutrition
- Indoor Cycling Instructor Manual, video lessons, and online exam. Submit each block online.
- Self-paced, self-study, completion of exam within 6 months of purchase.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must obtain a CPR/AED card before IC certificate can be issued.
- CPR/AED card can be submitted via mail or electronically.
- Passing a final exam with 85% or higher. There is a retest fee of $75.00.
- After successful completion with a passing score of 85% or greater, you will receive a Certified Indoor Cycling Instructor certificate.